Car Booters tell us the key benefits of choosing Mitchells are:-
– Our highly accessible location on the A66 roundabout South of Cockermouth, just 30 minutes West of the M6, makes your event easy to find for visitors and tourists.
– Our location is also the meeting point of main roads to principle West Cumbrian population centres of Workington, Whitehaven, Maryport and Keswick, just 15-20 minutes away.
– Our prime busy roundabout site is an ideal location for high profile banner advertising.
– We have ample, easy, all-weather parking for 300 cars, plus parking for trucks, vans and coaches on hard core surfaces with overflow car parking in an adjacent field if necessary.
– Coming to Mitchells is a great day out – our site has beautiful open views to the Lake District Fells and there’s easy access to the attractions of Cockermouth and the North West lakes of Bassenthwaite, Loweswater, Buttermere and Crummock Water.
– Our staff are professional, helpful and cheerful.
– There is free wi-fi and universal mobile network coverage.
– We have a café/restaurant serving hot Sunday lunches for a fiver a head and an on-site café/Bar.
– We are a fully wheelchair accessible venue with reserved disabled parking and disabled WC
– Special stall rates for charities can be done by speaking to a member of staff. Examples of charities we have supported include: NSPCC, Hospice at Home, RSPCA, Cancer Research, Mosser Church, Lamplugh School and Great North Air Ambulance.
– We thoroughly clean and disinfect our venue before and after all events to DEFRA approved standards of bio-security.
NO DOGS PLEASE – For reasons of hygiene and the bio-security of the livestock mart.
NO SMOKING PLEASE in enclosed public areas
MITCHELLS CAR BOOT RUNS EVERY SUNDAY FROM 6.00am FOR STALL HOLDERS AND 7.30am FOR BROWSERS (EXCEPT CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR)
Click Here to open a pdf plan of the site.